The Chapter offers many educational opportunities:
- Tools of the Trade - Monthly educational session with topics that offer tips and tricks to the PM Trade -1.5 hour sessions
- PMP Study Group - PMP faciltated Study Group based on PMBoK Guide 5th Edition, and Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep, 8th Edition - 12 weeks
- Agile Introduction - Introduction of iterative methodology and Agile Project management - 1 day course
- Agile Certified Practitioner - This class will be offered several times a year - 3 day course
- Business Analyst Fundamentals - Demostraion of exactly what requirements are for and how to write them - 3 day course
- ITIL Foundation - Offers the latest version of core ITIL best practices - 3 day course
- Microsoft Project - Learn to create and manage project plans - 2 day course
- Behavior/Communication Styles - Communication is a big part of Project Managers life. Learn effective communication styles and behavior - 2 day course
- Effective Time Managmeent - Identify effective strategies for time management including goal setting, establsihing priorities, and identify tasks critical to meet those goals - 2 day course
- Emotional Intelligence - You will evaluate your current emotional intelligence abilities and apply strategies to improve - 1 day course
- Risk Management & Estimating for Project - Not only helps with proficiencies at estimating parameters, but also demonstrates the most effective methods of identifying and quantifiying risks as well.
NOTE: Not all courses are offered each month. The list above is NOT comprehensive of all courses offered. For a list of active and upcoming courses, click the link below to view the Chapter's Events listing.
Additional courses are offered through the chapter partnership with insteractive business Training. Chapter members receive a discount of 50% off the course list price.
Register For Education Classes
You may find additional training opportunities at http://ibT-sc.com
Tools of the Trade
- 4th Thursday at interactive business Training
- 5:45 PM - Networking, Introduction of Speaker
- 6:00 PM - Program
- 7:15 PM - Discussion, Questions
- 7:30 PM - Adjourn
PMP Study Group
- The PMP Study Group is 12 Sessions, held at Michelin (I-85 & Pelham) on Tuesdays from 6-8pm.
- Each student should obtain a copy of the study materials:
- The PMBoK Guide 5th Edition
- Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep, 8th Edition.
- The Agile introduction class is a one day class
Agile Certified Practitioner
- Learn to apply Agile methods to your projects and programs. This is a 3 day course.
Business Analyst Fundamentals
- This course explains and demonstrates what requirements are for and how to write them. This is a 3 day class.
- This course covers the latest version of core ITIL best practices presented from a lifecycle perspective. This is a 3 day course.
- This course covers creating and managing a project schedule, and manage and customize project plans. This is a 2 day course.
- The cost is $543 for chapter members and $1050 for non-chapter members
Frequently Asked Questions
Agile Certified Practitioner
Who Should Take The Course?
The purpose of the course is to provide the Agile project management foundation to those who are in pro-ject-related roles: Project managers, program managers, product managers, senior managers, project spon-sors, stakeholders, scrum masters, and all who are interested in learning more about Agile PM.
Does This Course Prepare Me For The PMI-ACP Exam?
Yes. The course provides 24 hours of classroom instruction and it satisfies the 21 hours of formal training required