The PMI Palmetto Chapter Program Team supports the Chapter’s vision and strategic goals through developing and continuously improving chapter program offerings. This team supports the Monthly DInner Meeting and PM in the PM networking event, and coordinates speakers for the Annual Symposium.
Director of Speakers Programs Role Overview
This postion supports the VP of Programs with all aspects of recruiting and onboarding speakers for the Monthly Dinner Meeting and the Annual Symposium
Director of Speakers reports to VP of Programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Identify and track potential speakers for Monthly Dinner Meeting and Symposium
Reach out to potential speakers to confirm availability, speaking rates, and proposed topics
Obtain speaker bios, topic descriptions, headshots
Communicate logistics and help to coordinate travel if needed
Assist in coordinating travel reimbursement if applicable
Attendance at Monthly dinner meetings, Annual Symposium, Symposium Planning Calls as needed
- Familiarity with PMBOK competencies and the PMI organization’s goals and objectives, plus an understanding of current rules and policies of the PMI Palmetto Chapter or willingness to acquire such understanding
- Project Management experience or strong interest in the Project Management field
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Please Note: All Volunteers must be current chapter members in “good standing” as defined by chapter by-laws.