About PMI Palmetto Chapter Study Group
This study group is geared toward introducing the PMI PMBoK knowledge areas and processes to those interested in learning more about project management and those candidates that are preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) exam. The course is based on PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
PMP Study Groups are held twice a year Tuesdays from 6-8 pm, for 12 weekly sessions. Each student shall obtain a copy of the study materials: the PMBoK Guide, and Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep.
This PMBOK Study Group Is Available to Chapter Members Only
There Is No Additional Chapter Cost/Fee for Attending the Study Group
Prerequisites for Attending Study Group
· PMBoK Guide 6th Edition—As a member of PMI, you can download a soft copy of the PMBoK Guide 6th Edition, which is free online for PMI members, or you can purchase a hard copy—50% discount on PMBOK 6th edition and the Agile Practice Guide when purchased from PMI as a bundle. https://www.pmi.org/pmbok-guide-standards/foundational/pmbok/sixth-edition or from Amazon
· Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep 10th Edition—www.rmcls.com ~$100 w/shipping
Schedule of Class Dates and Study Topics
Each student should be prepared to choose a chapter topic to "lead". It is recommended that students chose a topic where they have less understanding, as preparation to lead the discussion is a proven learning technique. It is common to create a presentation to assist the discussion. The topics are:
To Register for The Study Group
1. You must be a PMI and a Palmetto Chapter member. You may join both PMI and the local Palmetto Chapter at www.pmi.org.
2. You must be logged in to the chapter website. Click LOGIN button at top of page and enter your PMI.org username and password.
3. Click on REGISTER button, confirm your information, click PROCESS REGISTRATION.
For More Information
|Event End Date||05-25-2021|
|Cut off date||03-31-2021|