About PMI Palmetto Chapter Study Group
This study group is geared toward introducing the PMI PMBoK knowledge areas and processes to those interested in learning more about project management and those candidates that are preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) exam. The course is based on PMI Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK).
PMP Study Groups are held twice a year at Michelin (I-85 & Pelham) on Tuesdays from 6-8 pm, for 12 weekly sessions. Each student should obtain a copy of the study materials: the PMBoK Guide, and Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep.
This PMBOK Study Group Is Available To Chapter Members Only
There Is No Additional Chapter Cost/Fee For Attending The Study Group
Prerequisites For Attending Study Group
- Must be a PMI and a Palmetto Chapter member, register for PMI and Palmetto Chapter at www.pmi.org.
- Note: PMI Membership is $139/yr and Chapter Membership is $30/yr paid through the PMI Organization
- Each student should obtain a copy of the PMBoK Guide (free download online for PMI members), and Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep. (approximately $100)
- --->Be sure to check with the leader of the study group to get the CORRECT EDITIONS !!!<---
Schedule of Class Dates And Study Topics
Each student should be prepared to choose a chapter topic to "lead". It is recommended that students chose a topic where they have less understanding, as preparation to lead the discussion is a proven learning technique. It is common to create a presentation to assist the discussion. The topics are:
- Session 1 - PMP exam & Professional Resp. (led by the facilitators)
- Session 2 - Project Management Framework & Processes
- Session 3 - Integration Management
- Session 4 - Scope Management
- Session 5 - Time Management
- Session 6 - Cost Management
- Session 7 - Quality Management
- Session 8 - Human Resource Management
- Session 9 - Communications Management
- Session 10 - Risk Management
- Session 11 - Procurement Management
- Session 12 - Stakeholder Management
To Register For The Study Group
1. Visit www.pmipalmetto.org and register online for the class ( Website Login Required )
2. Must be a PMI and a Palmetto Chapter member, register for PMI and Palmetto Chapter at www.pmi.org.
For More Information
About The PMI Certifications
The Project Management Professional (PMP) credential is a globally recognized standard of project management expertise. It is earned by passing a four-hour examination composed of 200 multiple-choice questions that measure your ability to apply knowledge, skills and techniques used in project management. The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is designed for those with less experience. The Project Management Institute (PMI) sponsors the credential which is based on A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK). The exam is developed by groups of individuals from around the globe who hold the PMP credential and is routinely reviewed and revised to ensure the best and consistently objective assessment. Certain education and experience requirements must be met before applying for the exam.