The Chapter offers many educational opportunities:
- Tools of the Trade - Monthly educational session with topics that offer tips and tricks to the PM Trade -1.5 hour sessions
- PMP Prep course - 5 day course that meets the required educations hours for the PMP exam
- PMP Study Group - PMP faciltated Study Group based on PMBoK Guide 5th Edition, and Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep, 8th Edition - 12 weeks
- Agile Introduction - Introduction of iterative methodology and Agile Project management - 1 day course
- Agile Certified Practitioner - This class will be offered several times a year - 3 day course
- Business Analyst Fundamentals - Demostraion of exactly what requirements are for and how to write them - 3 day course
- ITIL Foundation - Offers the latest version of core ITIL best practices - 3 day course
- Microsoft Project 2013 - Learn to create and manage project plans - 2 day course
- Behavior/Communication Styles - Communication is a big part of Project Managers life. Learn effective communication styles and behavior - 2 day course
- Effective Time Managmeent - Identify effective strategies for time management including goal setting, establsihing priorities, and identify tasks critical to meet those goals - 2 day course
- Emotional Intelligence - You will evaluate your current emotional intelligence abilities and apply strategies to improve - 1 day course
- Risk Management & Estimating for Project - Not only helps with proficiencies at estimating parameters, but also demonstrates the most effective methods of identifying and quantifiying risks as well.
NOTE: Not all courses are offered each month. The list above is NOT comprehensive of all courses offered. For a list of active and upcoming courses, click the link below.
You may find additional training opportunities at http://schedule.cctbusiness.com/CVSFListview.aspx
Tools of the Trade
- 4th Thursday at CCT Business Training
- 5:45 PM - Networking, Introduction of Speaker
- 6:00 PM - Program
- 7:15 PM - Discussion, Questions
- 7:30 PM - Adjourn
Thi e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You nePMP Prep course
- PMP class is designed to provide the essential preparation needed to pass the PMP exam. The course will focus on the PMBOK (Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge) using PMI terminology. Our class is taught by a certified PMP. Upon successful completion of the course you will earn 35 PMP PDU’s – the amount needed to meet the PDU criteria for sitting the PMP exam.
- The cost of the course is $1,498 for chapter members and $2,995 for non-chapter members.
PMP Study Group
- The PMP Study Group is 12 Sessions, held at Michelin (I-85 & Pelham) on Tuesdays from 6-8pm.
- Each student should obtain a copy of the study materials:
- The PMBoK Guide 5th Edition
- Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep, 8th Edition.
- The Agile introduction class is a one day class
- The cost of the course is $248 for chapter members, $495 for non-chapter members.
Agile Certified Practitioner
- Learn to apply Agile methods to your projects and programs. This is a 3 day course.
- The cost of the course is $995 for chapter members and $1,795 for non-chapter members.
Business Analyst Fundamentals
- This course explains and demonstrates what requirements are for and how to write them. This is a 3 day class.
- The cost of the course is $998 for chapter members and $1995 for non-chapter members
- This course covers the latest version of core ITIL best practices presented from a lifecycle perspective. This is a 3 day course.
- The cost is $1098 for chapter members and $2195 for non-chapter members
Microsoft Project 2013
- This course covers creating and managing a project schedule, and manage and customize project plans. This is a 2 day course.
- The cost is $448 for chapter members and $895 for non-chapter members
Frequently Asked Questions
PMP Prep Class
Who Should Take The Course?
The purpose of the class is to provide the PMBOK foundation to those who are in project-related roles: Project managers, program managers, product managers, senior managers, project sponsors, stakeholders, and all who are interested in learning more about project management.
Does This Course Prepare Me For The PMP or CAPM Exam?
Yes. PMP class is designed to provide the essential preparation needed to pass the PMP exam. The course will focus on the PMBOK (Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge) using PMI terminology. It is taught by a certified PMP.
Agile Certified Practiioner
Who Should Take The Course?
The purpose of the course is to provide the Agile project management foundation to those who are in pro-ject-related roles: Project managers, program managers, product managers, senior managers, project spon-sors, stakeholders, scrum masters, and all who are interested in learning more about Agile PM.
Does This Course Prepare Me For The PMI-ACP Exam?
Yes. The course provides 24 hours of classroom instruction and it satisfies the 21 hours of formal training required