Dear PMI Palmetto Community,
I know the last few months have been challenging for all of us.
As you can imagine, it was particularly challenging after a year of planning to cancel the annual symposium within 48 hours of the event. I am excited to share with you that we have started planning for 2021 Symposium. I feel sure after the challenges that have been turned into opportunities from this unique situation, there will be new exciting topics and discussions for this and other upcoming events. It has also been challenging transitioning social networking events, monthly in person meetings and training into virtual events.
But these challenges have shown the best of people and their creativity to add value to our profession and community. I would personally like to thank the Board and Volunteers for their ideas, dedication and time as they have been challenged in their professional and personal lives as well. Here are some outcomes from the challenges we have faced in the past few months:
· All Symposium refunds have been processed.
- The Greenville Convention Center has been confirmed for Tuesday March 23, 2021.
- All April Chapter events were held virtually with good attendance and without major issues.
- We have implemented GoToMeeting as the chapter virtual tool.
- The Spring study group transitioned to virtual meetings in flight.
- All May events will be offered virtually.
- Chapter events will be on summer break for June and July.
- Chapter leaders throughout Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida and South Carolina are working together to leverage and share remote training systems/tools and professional development opportunities across Chapters.
We are looking forward to things in our State re-opening so we can return to offering in-person events. However, we are moving forward with the understanding that we will need to offer virtual options. Although the chapter events are on summer break, the Board and Volunteers will continue to meet and plan for the programs and events for the rest of 2020 and start planning for 2021.
We are all in this together, and always welcome anyone to be part of the solution. There are and will continue to be many opportunities to volunteer. If you are interested click here to fill out the volunteer application. We will review your application to match up with the current open positions.
Despite the challenges over the past few months, we haven’t missed any monthly Chapter events and are exploring new ways to add value and opportunities.
Your feedback and ideas are welcome and appreciated. If you have suggestions or ideas for improvement email me email@example.com
President, PMI Palmetto Chapter